1. A beautiful family that I simply adore
2. Extended family in Minnesota and Norway that we miss and think about daily.
3. Good friends to share the day and delicious food with
4. The appreciation for having the entire 4-day weekend OFF after working last year for a 24 hour shift in the hospital... (sort of anyway since I have 24 hour home pager call tomorrow...)
5. Many, many more that I won't bore you with at this time!
We spent the day with our good friends Jessica, Anatole, Hannah, and Ben as well as Jessica's mother, father, and brother who recently moved to the area. We had quite a feast!! See the pics below to tell the story.
It all started with brunch which Jessica made consisting of very, very naughty baked french toast (ohh so yummy)-above-, fruit and mimosas.
Here is Jessica's family - we had a delightful time! They are certainly folks that would get along very well with my family! We have many similar things in common - aside from growing up 1500 miles from each other!!
Now, since Anatole had clean-up duty - and didn't ask me to help - I'm not going to make ANY comments about his lovely pink gloves (well, he does need to protect those delicate hands of his! - I couldn't resist...)
Our dinner! Jessica cooked the turkey, mashed taters, stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, I did roasted brussel sprouts, "sweet potato surprise", made the gravy, Andrea added in green been caserole and WINE of course! We had pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and apple pie for desserts!! WOW, what a feast. 
The grease 'slick' that was left from carving the bird - Anatole was battling the nastiness in attempt to keep it from getting everywhere in the kitchen. This was AFTER Jessica and I set off the smoke detector and required fans in the kitchen windows after dripping some of the above delicious FAT in the hot oven while attempting to remove the 21 lb bird from the oven.... Never a dull moment!
This is me in clinic the day before Thanksgiving - I am wearing Sofia's pretty pony in my pocket - You see, I opened my work bag and had to chuckle because inside there was a Curious George book, "Minty" the pretty pony, Sofia's frog name tag from school, her misc pony holders and barretts. When I dropped her off at school in the AM, she insisted that I take the items from her box at school with me AT THAT MOMENT. She said I should show the pony to my patients - so I took this pic just for her!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment