Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...

Yep, it happened again...another birthday for me. It was actually last Sunday, but we've been so busy I didn't get time to post pictures yet. It was a lovely day with the fam. I was just so happy not to be working a long 24 hour call shift the day after Thanksgiving last year!! Lars and Sofia made me a cake - below - it, ironically, was Lars' first time making a blotekake - which his mother is the absolute master at (I must say that I have learned to make them pretty well too -taught by the master herself of course!) It turned out very yummy! (Notice the number written in mandarin oranges on the cake?) For my present - I got my very own CAMERA!! We have been contemplating buying a "point and shoot" digital for some time, cuz the big Nikon gets a little cumbersome to lug around sometimge - SO, I got a nice little red Kodak to carry around - I really LOVE it - it takes videos too, so i'll be posting better quality videos as well.



Later in the evening we were going to take advantage of the neurology department and go out to a nice dinner, on their dime since it is interview season and they pay for the residents to take the applicants out on Sunday nights to schmooz them. BUT, we had a miscommunication with our babysitter and she didn't end up coming...bummer - SO, Lars wanted me to go (what a guy) so I got picked up by my classmate and went with them, drank a fair bit of wine, then after went out for a beer - CRAZY, i know...


Here is Sofia helping out by feeding Espen his bottle...

Lars and Sofia decorating the cake.
GO LARS!!
Espen enjoying his babyfood
Espen is happy with his pappa - especially when getting carried around!

No comments: