Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 9, 2007

We're Boring...



Yes, I mean us. Seems that when you have a blog you should have something fun and exciting to say on a regular basis. However, I'm not so sure that is the case with us. Anyway, I will bore you with a few of our non-issue issues, just to have something to say:

1. Plumbing....arghh. So we had some plumbers come out so try and help up figure out where this "odor" we occur on a couple of evenings (then go away). That turned out to be a non-issues since it never occurred again after they were here BUT, for some reason the dude felt compelled to look in the sewer pipe that runs from the house to the street and determined it was in "BAD SHAPE" but he had to come back in a couple of days with his supervisor (who was younger than me, by the way) and confirm this....anyway, "yada-yada-yada, it's gonna cost you $3862.00"!!! OOPS! So, somehow the stars and moon were perfectly aligned or something and that very same day - as we are trying to figure out how to pay for this - our realtor's plumber called us to ask us what the problem was. (I had actually called our realtor from to discuss something relating to this issue and he had apparently asked this plumber friend to call us!! - WOW, now that's how to do business!). Anyway, he tells us absolutely NOT to do it!! We then find out later this week that the neighbor's house has the exact same problem as do many houses in this area and they don't necessarily need to be repaired. SO, we won't be fixing this just yet, that's for sure!!!

2. The Child - she has officially entered the "terrible twos" and is fully exploring her independent personality. She has learned exactly what a time-out is too, and has her own little special spot for them where she can kick and scream all she wants!! For a while (up until a couple weeks ago) I thought I was the luckiest person in the world and had a 2 year old that wasn't going to go through this...... oh how wrong I was. Sometimes I feel more exhausted than when she was a new born. Despite all of that she is more fun and interesting ever single day! She and I had a lovely day together yesterday when Lars was at an all day class. We went to the children's museum for a while where we rode the horses on the merry-go-round, had a nice nap, went shoe shopping and grocery shopping - NO time outs even!!!

3. Child's Hair - It's out of control! long, curls, she doesn't like to have it put up all the time so she is constantly pushing it out of her face....My mom just tells me to keep letting it go - honestly I'm not sure there is much more we can do!! She certainly doesn't seem bothered by it - check this out:
4. Work - Since returning from vacation 3 1/2 weeks ago, I have been on a very reasonable rotation - Psych. Normal working hours 8 or 9 to 4:30-5pm, NO weekends! Can't beat that... But this Friday I have to get back in to the "real resident world" by starting a 16 hour call shift overnight. Blah. Then I start back on the General Consult service - which is our busiest service. No more cushy hours...no more free weekends...**sigh**

5. Continuous battle with the mutant squirrels in our neighborhood. They have virtually eaten most of my beautiful veggie garden in the back yard, save for the lettuce, a couple zucchinis, a few hot peppers, and now a few tomatoes. They also have a hole eaten through the garbage can and totally destroy every bag of garbage we put in there and by garbage day it is awfully gross. I did peg one the other day with a water ballon outside and that was pretty satisfying! My neighbors insist that it's because I have a bad relationship with them and that's why they are out to get me. She, on the other hand feeds them her old fruit on the back deck and gives them bowls of water - their garbage doesn't have a hole eaten in it... They also have a greyhound running around as well - I suspect that is the reason for the intact garbage can, not the "good relationship" she has with them...

So that is about it for our issues of the week. If nothing else, hope they made you have a little chuckle!

Here are a few more recent pictures:

Nice smile!

I have no idea what this is...


Ghetto swimming pool
Cuddling after ghetto-swimming



Mamma and Sofia being silly.

No comments: