I went away to an epilepsy conference in Winston-Salem, North Carolina for the weekend. Lars was left all alone, at home, with the kids from Friday morning to late Sunday night!!! (everyone survived, by the way!) It was a great conference... Stayed at this old mansion originally built by R.J. Reynolds (major tobacco tycoon in the south) and later given to Wake-Forest University which they now use as a big conference center. It is beautiful! The food was amazing! Ate way too much... Here are some pictures from the trip.
Front enterance of the mansion
Staircase inside
lovely pond outside in the back yard
Set up for a wedding in the back yard.
The back yard, wedding courtyard.
different part of the back yard.
Apparently, this is one species of Mangolia tree - looks a lot like a rubber plant...but it's a huge tree.
OK, so I did attend lectures!!!
It was "stimulating"!
My dinner setting with the starter on Sat night...(took this for Lars to enjoy!) mmmm...
Beautiful starter...tri-colored tomatoes with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar (Lars is making fun of me right now for putting these pics on here...but I like taking pics of food!)
Exciting self photo!
Getting ready to leave on Sunday.
My "artistic photo" in a bar during my 3-hour layover in Washington DC...Watching the US Open Tennis.....and having a beer.
Cool bar...



1 comment:
That place looks so cool! I would love to explore it.
Post a Comment