Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, March 14, 2008

And then there was one...

One, yes ONE night float shift left of my entire residency. Now, technically, I do have to work next Friday overnight as well, but that is a separate issue and that will technically be the last NIGHT SHIFT I am scheduled to work, but this Saturday night, from 8pm to Sunday morning 8am is my last night float shift. AT LAST...
So, tonight was my 6th -12 hour (ends up being at least 13 hours by the time things are said and done for the night) in a row. How many hours is that??? 6 X 13 = 78 - yep, that's right 78 freakin hours in 6 days (i'm actually sure it ends up to be a round 80 with everything counted...) Ahhh, just within the work-hours limit of 80, however. So lucky. INSANITY.

Believe it or not, we actually have a pretty darn smooth system worked out at home with this schedule. It's almost better than not knowing what time you'll be done in the evening...Sofia is picked up from school earlier, we still all eat dinner together and hang out after that, then when I am getting ready for work, she is getting ready for bed. Showers for both girls, scrubs for one and PJ's for the other. I think she is going to bed better as well since she is ready a bit earlier. We'll see how it goes next week when the routine is shaken up again.

As for the little boy - he is doing just fine. Kicking and poking away all night long as I work. It's amusing. Only 10 more weeks left until he is supposed to make his arrival! YIKES!

And Lars? I think he's fine too. We're like 2 factory workers passing each other twice a day as our shifts end or begin...

So here's to the end of night float! Cheers! (alcohol free, of course)

No comments: