OK, so it's been a very long time since I have posted here. It seems like it is easier to upload to Facebook, but this is actually more fun, and more for my close family and friends. Here are the pictures (some of them anyway, ) of our trip to Antigua. I went to Antigua to teach neurology at the medical school there. It was great to say the least! I got to teach to first year med-students (easy!) and stay at an absolutely outstanding beach! What more could one ask. The kids got to stay at Gramme and Grandpa's in MN and Lars and I enjoyed a week to ourselves.....
Here it is, just like the Corona commercial! This beach was phenomenal. White sand, teal-blue water, blue sky.....HUGE beach, not crowded - FANTASTIC!
We liked to sit under the palm trees in the shade, sometimes moving out into the sun and going for many beach walks and swims in the ocean. It was...perfect.
Chillin' on the beach.
Lars heading out into the warm Caribbean water for a swim.
Boy, doesn't he look fun to hang out with! (hehe.....he loves having pics taken of him!)
Not sure if these are coconuts or not.....
view from the bridge connecting groups of rooms - our balcony is the first one on the right... small room, but had A/C - nothing more needed!
The view from behind our room - inland.
One of my favorite pictures. Looking off to the right of our beach spot.
Some thick trees and shrubs toward the far side of our resort.
beach "vendors" selling lots of treats!
a yummy fru-fru drink!
You think he's enjoying himself???
Me in my ridiculous pink hat that I LOVE!
The view up from my beach chair
So happy in my pink hat with 50 SPF sunscreen in the shade, still managing to get a "tan"
ahhhhh, can't you almost hear the calming sound?
dorky.
Magnificent sunset directly in front of our beach, sun going behind one of the distant islands
Sun going to sleep...
After dinner self - photo, maybe there were some drinks involved?
OK, there's the proof...
again.....looks like so much fun.....
My artsy-fartsy flower photos
Pretty flowers - (take that Lars the "photographer")
more flowers
a flowering tree
Don't know exactly what they are....I referred to them as monkey testicles....
So pretty
Passion lady and Rum punch
Lars, the Caribbean explorer - ready for adventure...
Oh that hat!
another beautiful sunset
A stroll on the beach for Larsy
Out after dinner one night...
Some sort of grape tree
walking to dinner one night
Skaal!
Panoramic from our table at the beach front restaurant
Out on the rocks(where's the hat?)
Swimming!
Oh yeah, and the medical school where I taught - the whole reason for the trip......
Local houses on our way back from the med school
Some funky berry things growing from a palm-like tree
Shells washed up on part of the beach one morning - notice the villas up on the hill.....
A cloudy sunset
our new friends Sara and Matt from Oshkosh WI - I'm certain we would have lots of fun if we lived close to each other as their kids are 4 and almost 2!
Dinner with our new friends
BEACH
Palms
the "small" pool
the "large" pool - swim up bar on the lower left
a beach vendor - Lars is sitting under the palm on the far left.
lovely
Writing in the sand
OH, and just so you know....not all Italians wear Armani.....unless Armani makes speedos! This dude was with a group of 6 (3 guys and 3 ladies) and he was the one strutting around in his speedo on the beach...we saw them everywhere!



5 comments:
I can see you had a great time. I am so happy you could do this!!! I think you need it!!!
I enjoyed your pictures. I am glad that you were able to make the trip. AND, I was able to meet the cute Samualson kids in person. Espen was not quite sure of Grandma Parker. Miss Sofia is very mature. Loved them both. Jane
Looks like you had a great time!!! So glad you got to get away and enjoy yourself for awhile! I am jealous! Hope you are feeling pretty well! Take care....
We're so happy the speedster made the album. As did we! Great pics. Looks like some of the photographer in Lars rubbed off on you. We are just going to show our family your pics instead of messing with our own. Hahaha
matt & sara
Thanks guys! It was a great trip. Happy to include the whole 2 pictures we had of you and Matt, Sara. Wish we would have taken more together! And Speedster...who could forget him?
Post a Comment