Saturday, we did some cleaning (trust me, not much and I can barely even tell a few days later...) and some laundry. Since it was such a nice day, we filled the swimming pool up for Sofia. She had a great time. In fact, she did not even have enough time to get into a swimsuit - underware work just fine! She insists on wearing her goggles and snorkel as well.
On Sunday, we made another trip up to Hamlin Beach on Lake Ontario with our friends - Jessica, Anatole and kids Hannah and Ben. We had a fantastic time and I think the kids enjoyed themselves as well.
Here are the "moms and kids" at the beach
Sofia and Hannah enjoying a snack.
Sofia was cold after swimming in the lake and used the sand as her blanket!
Next, on Monday we went to our friend's Jon and Carolina Marcus' "2nd annual Labor Festival". In honor of the Midwestern working class, I was asked to make a hotdish to share. I made the infamous Tater-Tot Hotdish (people don't make hotdishes out here - and if they do they use a fancy name like "casserole"! (haha) Anyway, it was a hit! Here are some pictures from that party - Again it was an absolutely beautiful day and we had a great time.
Sofia and Espen with their friend Anna.



No comments:
Post a Comment