Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ahhh, to be home...

Espen and I came home Tuesday afternoon. It was nice to re-join the family and to get out of the hospital! We are all doing well, trying to adjust to new schedules. Life as Sofia knew it as an only child has drastically changed. She seems to be coping well and is quite interested in her brother. She often comments on how little he is. We have been out for a couple of short walks. But mostly we're just trying to settle in: eating a lot, sleeping a lot, you know, the usual baby stuff. And for me, I'm getting used to not having leave the house to go to work since my job title and description changed on Monday morning!

Having a baby around again is so lovely. All of the coos, squeeks, sighs...heart melting. And the SMELL... Where do they get it? I find myself irresistibly kissing him...his cheeks, his neck, his finger and toes...poor kid. Ahhhhhhhh, cherishing every moment....

Here are some pics from the last few days.


Sofia with our lovely flowers from Gramme and Grampa on the left and Elena and DJ on the right.



Tuesday - 1 day old, just after getting home.


A big yawn.


Sofia, Espen and I - He liked hanging out in this new wrap thing I found. It was pretty comfortable for both of us. It was nice to take a short 2-3 block walk.


He's a thinker already. Either that or he has a headache!


Espen got a package in the mail today from our friends Justin and Mel with these sunglasses. They got Sofia her first pair as well. He looks smashing, I think!


So content! He looks a lot like Sofia did.


This afternoon in front of our house...Big sister was having a little trouble participating in the pics, but we caught 1 with her sitting by us.


A visis from George (Kiera and Ben too), from next door. Sofia and George are good friends.



Pappa with his boy.

That's all for now!

No comments: